Community Code of Conduct
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for everyone who participates in our community: ambassadors, volunteers, and any entity or person who is a member of Digital Nomads Nation. The purpose of this code of conduct is not to restrict, but rather to set rules that free us to grow individually and collectively. We invite all of you to help us create a safe and positive experience for everyone, and thank you for being a part of the community.
Digital Nomads Nation (“DNN”) is an e-nation consisting of digital nomads around the world. Our mission is to provide members with resources, form partnerships with business and governments, and advocate for global issues on behalf of all digital nomads.
Our digital nomad e-nation is:
- Warm & Kind: We exude energy of kindness and warmth, allowing us to connect with people from all over the world. As hosts, we welcome people from around the world; as guests, we respect each place we visit and leave it better than we find it.
- Diverse & Open-Minded: We recognize our different backgrounds and perspectives, but believe that fundamentally we are all global citizens, and aren’t that different after all.
- Giving & Socially Conscious: We aim to give more than we receive and value collaboration over competition. We prioritize the wellbeing of our community over our individual agendas.
- Bold & Curious: We embrace discomfort and recognize that growth only takes place outside the comfort zone. We move because we are never too satisfied by what we already know, and want to experience all that the world has to offer.
- Proactive & Fun: Life is short, so we need to take action, chase our dreams, and have some fun. We prefer active participation over passive observation, and friendliness over formality.
1. PurposeWe are committed to build a safe and welcoming environment for our members, regardless of our gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or religion.
Our members come from over 150 countries and possess a wide range of identities and values, yet at the end of the day, we are all global citizens who share more in common than we have in differences. We believe diversity helps the community thrive, when and only when members treat each other with kindness, respect, and empathy.
We are a friendly, welcoming, and supportive bunch of people who are bsy chasing our dreams - traveling to new destinations, building our businesses, and experiencing all that makes life worth living. So for us, racism, sexism, or any type of “-ism” is a waste of time and provides no value to the community. There is no room for hate in life, and we ensure the community is a safe place for members to learn and grow, regardless of who they are. This is the only way for the largest number of diverse contributors to participate and exchange ideas freely.
2. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- Give more than you take. Prioritize the wellbeing of the community over your personal agendas, and try to be helpful to others whenever possible.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- In offline events, be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a potentially dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential. Furthermore, since venues for in-person events may be shared with the public, please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are unacceptable within our community both on- and offline:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post personally identifying information ("doxing") of other members.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate, non-consensual physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events both online and in person.
4. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behaviors will not be tolerated. Anyone requested to stop their unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
In case of a violation, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, such as a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community, with or without warning or refunds (for paid events).
If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
5. Reporting Guidelines
If you experience or witness any of these unacceptable behaviors, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organizer as soon as possible at: [email protected]
Additionally, community organizers and ambassadors may involve local law enforcement to help those experiencing these unacceptable behaviors feel safe, and/or escort members to a safe location during in person events.
6. Addressing Grievances
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify [email protected] with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be reviewed and processed by the DNN Community Board.
7. ScopeWe expect all participants (contributors, members, citizens, ambassadors, paid and unpaid users, sponsors, and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community spaces: online platforms, in-person venues, and one-on-one conversations pertaining to community business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures may also apply to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities, when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concern, please reach out to us at: